Read more on the Caritas project
Image: Filip Dujardin
Read more about the history, method, tendering, design and legacy of the Kanunnik Triest Square (designed by architects De Vylder Vinck Taillieu) in the Caritas psychiatric centre (Melle) and how it results from a participative process with psychiatrists, managers, staff, and patients.
- ‘Commoning the Clinic‘ is an article on method published in the proceedings of the KU Leuven Incubators Conference 2017.
- ‘Relational Architecture‘ discusses the architectural production proces, originally published by A+ 261 (pp. 50-55) in Dutch / French
- ‘Care for architecture‘ discusses the question of use and appropriation, published in Psyche 29 (2), June 2017 (Original Dutch Version: Zorg dragen voor architectuur)
- ‘Architectuur vol van verlangen‘ published (in Dutch) on ArchiNed, 29-09-2016.
- ‘Variations on a monumental outdoor space‘ discusses the three design proposals in the tendering process, published in Psyche 28 (2), June 2016 (Original Dutch version: Variaties op een monumentale buitenruimte)
- ‘What happens between the pavillion and the shooting range?‘ discusses the use and value of in-between space in the psychiatric clinic, published in Psyche 27 (2), June 2015 (Original Dutch version: Wat gebeurt er tussen paviljoen en schietveld?)
- ‘Do you also suffer from hospital psychastenia?‘ discusses alienation among patients and staff in the use of hospital architecture, published in Psyche 26 (4), December 2014 (Original Dutch version: Lijdt ook u aan ziekenhuispsychastenie?)
- ‘De toekomst is aan het zorgerfgoed?‘ discusses the changing view on heritage in the psychiatric centre, published in Psyche 27 (1), March 2015 (Dutch only)
- ‘Don’t say Lente to the new Lente‘ discusses the legacy beyond the sublime object, excerpt from the book ‘Unless Ever People‘ published by the Flemish Architecture Institute, Antwerp 2018
All this and more can be found in the book ‘Unless Ever People‘ edited by architecten de vylder vinck taillieu and BAVO, and published by the Flanders Architecture Institute (VAi, 2018)